The beauty of Sea World San Diego’s Spooktacular Trick or Treat is that this is not a separately ticketed event. That means any Sea World ticket used on a day that a Spooktacular Trick or Treat is happening (in 2018, weekends from September 22 to October 28) is a ticket to trick or treat! The rides, attractions and shows are still open, weather dependent, so consider it a day of family fun in aquariums, learning about the animals, and enjoy some Halloween-themed fun as well!
Trick or Treating:
- There are several trick or treat stations throughout the park. There will be a sign at the beginning of the line to show you what you are getting if you have a concern for allergy or don’t want your child to get it. There were a couple of chocolate stations, most things were fruit bars or popcorn.
Sesame Street Halloween Parade:
- On the weekend evenings, there is an all new Halloween parade this year. It is a short parade route, and fills up quickly. The parade is at 7:15, and you can begin to sit along the route at 6:30. If the parade is your priority, get there are 6:30 to find a seat. It was very crowded, and for kiddos to see – they had to be held up or on shoulders (so make sure you have enough adults to hold kiddos up.)
Dine with Elmo and Friends:
- If you want one-on-one time with Sesame Street characters up close, there is the addition of dinner with the characters. You can reserve seating online and get $5 discount on adult fare. We didn’t get a chance to do this, so I cannot speak to the buffet or experience, but it is something we wanted to do, so thought I would share that this is an option.
- Before you leave the park, be sure to check out the singing pumpkins on the Skytower Lawn.
- Bring your own bag for candy – aligned with the mission of SeaWorld of Park to Planet, they do have reusable bags for purchase if you do not bring any.
- If you want to do a dining package, book early – there was no availability on the day we went.
- Waves of Honor tickets can be used anytime in a calendar year, which means if you didn’t use yours this year – you still can! We did! Remember that children under 3 do not require a ticket.
- Bring layers of clothes – being on the water, it can be breezy in the afternoon.
- There is a Dance Party near the Skytower – if you are visiting with sensitive ears, recommend going around this area.
- High winds will close rides like the Skytower, be flexible and understanding in that.
- If you are doing Waves of Honor tickets, set it up online before you go and your tickets can be scanned from your phone.