The first day of Autumn has arrived. While it doesn’t feel like fall in Southern California when it is 85 degrees, we still wanted to enjoy a little fall flavors. Recently, the eldest has requested dairy free items. She still eats eggs, but we are trying to find ways to add dairy free options to our rotation. When she asked for Pumpkin Brioche French Toast – this happened.
It obviously starts with a little pumpkin, a little spice and everything nice. But you aren’t here to read the back story – you are here to read the recipe. So here goes.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (can increase if you want a thicker batter)
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Spice (you can dial down to 1/8 tsp if desired)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (can increase this if want a thinner batter)
- Brioche bread – I purchased bread from 85 C Bakery. Yes, I could make it, but honestly, I need the time shortcuts and this bakery makes amazing bread for around $2)
- Make the batter by mixing all ingredients together. Make to the desired consistency.
- Slice the brioche bread.
- Pour batter into a flat dish like a pie pan.
- Heat up pan you are going to cook the toast in with a little oil/bacon fat/butter/whatever your cooking oil of choice is.
- Dredge the sliced brioche in the batter.
- Brown the toast on each side.
Enjoy the fall flavors at home while you prepare to decorate your home with happy haunts or gourd-ges pumpkins!
My personal favorite cooking item is the reversible Lodge Cast Iron pro-grid reversible grill/griddle because I can cook more in this flat surface quicker. Not an ad, not sponsored, just sharing a shortcut.
Happy fall y’all!